Appeal Your Property Valuation

If you believe the county’s valuation of your property is incorrect, you may file a formal complaint. The process is as follows:

  1. You must complete a Complaint Against the Valuation of Real Property form—available below—and file it with our office no later than March 31st of the year in question.
  2. The Ross County Board of Revision will schedule your case for a hearing and will notify you in writing of the hearing date, time, and location.
  3. At the hearing, you will have the opportunity to present evidence that supports your opinion of value (e.g. contrary appraisals, sales of comparable homes, etc.).
  4. The Board will render a decision and notify you in writing of its decision within 30 days.
  5. If you receive a favorable decision, your taxes for the year will be adjusted. This could result in a refund of taxes overpaid, or a credit for second-half taxes owed.

Contact Us

(740) 702-3080

2 N Paint St, Suite G
Chillicothe, Ohio  45601-3187
Office Hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Click here for the 2020 Holiday Schedule